Thursday, February 10, 2011

Snow and God's lesson

It snowed.  It snowed a lot.  We ended up with about 7 inches of snow at our house.  The neighbors tried to sled with Kale yesterday, but the snow is too deep with not enough kids around to pack it down.  The snow comes up to Kale's knees.  We are a sight as we try to navigate around the yard...Kale with snow up to his knees and the confinement of a snowsuit....me being 6 months pregnant and trying to keep my footing in the snow and keep Kale upright.  Good thing aren't at my in-laws house in the northwest corner of the state because the snow would be up to Kale's armpits up there! 

Now that I have documented the snow...on to the God's lesson thing:

Before going to far into this next ramble, I should note this:  my entire relationship and eventual marriage with Ep has been God's constant reminder that God is in control (not me) and that He truly has a sense of humor.  I am certain that my husband would whole-heartedly agree with me...and say the same is true from his side of the relationship as well (especially since God "blessed" him with a smart, stubborn, questioning, strong-willed, and opinionated wife who will tell him exactly what is on her mind).  

God is in the process of once again proving to me that I should never say never and that God can put a deep love in my heart that is beyond my comprehension.  My dad was a police officer while I was growing up.  He has long since retired.  Well, from that job anyway.  As I got older, I swore I would not marry a man who had any aspirations to become a gun toting officer of any kind.  In fact, back before I met my husband I was once asked on a date by a nice guy who I knew had ambitions of being a police officer...so I turned him down simply on that fact.  Right now, my father in law is probably laughing because he can see where this is going.  My mom may be as well.  See, I just didn't want the worry that comes with being the wife of an officer.  I also didn't want my kids to know the worry of being an officer's child.  

Well, here we are.  My husband was issued his gun last week.  By the time this baby growing in my belly arrives, her daddy will be a commissioned officer carrying a gun.  I still haven't been told that I can say where and what he will be doing as he carries that gun, so I won't.  I will say this.  I whole-heartedly support my husband is his new career.  I can't think of a more perfect job for him.  That is the truth.  The way I see it, God just waited until my heart was beyond full of love for my husband before He let us know the true career path He had in mind for my husband.  So, yes, God once again has proved the "never say never" to me!

No comments: