Monday, July 21, 2008

Weekend?

Ok, now I know how Mema feels...was that a weekend??? :) We were back at her house, working on her house project. I am determined to show her the positives of it and that there is an end to it...(yes mom, there really is!). I am pretty sure she has been ready to disown me several times over the past four weeks.
It was a quick weekend to Alma and back. I didn't get nearly as much accomplished as I had hoped, but thats no new song and dance for me. We had a good time and got to enjoy some family time and see Bekah and her girls. We were supposed to eat dinner with Grandaddy and Noney and Fletcher...not real sure what happened with those plans. We still ended up enjoying catfish as the brand new Catfish Hole location, which is now a less than five minute drive from my parent's house. It was gooood! Kale is VERY aware when there is food for the taking...as he will now grab at food on other people's plates. So, here is your warning, if you are dining within reach of my son's extendable arms (or at least they seem that way!), you better guard your plate.
This week will come and go with a blink. Tomorrow Kale has his 9 month check up. Tomorrow night I will either get to have a date with my husband or he will ditch me for a tournament on the River (its called being a bass widow and I am somewhat accustomed to it). Wednesday is our second week of class at Fellowship (an introduction to the church and to help us find a place there). Thursday and Friday are still up in the air for me. I have to fit some coupon time in there somewhere...my binder and bag are out of control again...don't laugh!
Oh, one last thing about Kale...we have evidence of the fact that he has cut his first tooth. Don't be confused, this does not mean we have actually SEEN this tooth. He will let us feel the edge of it (feels like a serrated blade and HURTS when he catches your finger with it). However, even when sleeping, he keeps it covered...with his tongue. LOL. Seriously. Ep says that maybe he is afraid we are going to take it from him...so he is guarding it! Oh yes, Kale is soooo completely our son! :)
Thats it for now...back to work...

No comments: