Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Little helper

Just wanted to make a quick post about our little helper. Kale was starving by the time that Ep got home with pizza last night. I cut up his piece into Kale size bites, put it on a plate, and then put the plate on his table. I was trying something new. He likes to eat and roam. He ends up eating more food if we let him do this. So, I was trying the plate option to see how that went. As Ep and I were preparing our plates, Kale was trying out his. As we watched from the kitchen, he emptied out his plate and all the pizza went into the floor. Did I mention that room has carpet? (yep, another great idea by me--give my son food and let him roam on the carpet!) Then, our son says uh oh and comes to the kitchen, where he picked up the dustpan and mini-brush and then headed back to the mess. We laughed and laughed. It was the best thing to watch. I helped him pick up his pizza and we managed to not need the dustpan involved. Ep commented that it just made his day and was the best thing he had seen all day. I had to agree!

I suppose he has really been paying attention when MemaNana cleans up his messes! :)

No comments: