Monday, April 27, 2009

Night Night

Kale has fought sleep the last two nights. He was ready for bed about an hour ago, to the point of even asking for his bottle and walking to his bedroom with it. After hearing him cry out a couple of times, I went in to check on him and MemaNana. I knew what he wanted. He wanted my iPhone. He loves to look at pictures on it and he knows how to "slide" them so he can see the next picture. That isn't why he wanted the phone. Remember, Kale is only 18 months old and God works in ever amazing ways. I started the Pandora application on my phone. Pandora plays music tailored to your tastes. There is a Christian selection. At night, when I am having a hard time getting Kale to settle, I can turn on my iPhone and open Pandora. I select the Christian music and usually by the third song, he is long gone into sleepy land. In the meantime, I get to listen to Christian music, enjoy holding my son, and really embrace the words of the songs without other distractions. I have been enjoying Pandora's Christian selection so much that I now listen to it at work. It changes my mood and uplifts my spirit. All because I got creative with a new way to get Kale to chill out at night. Or, ahem, because He got creative with getting my attention and getting me to focus on Him. Nothing like your 18 month old bringing you closer to God and redirecting your focus in ways you could have never imagined!

Tonight, Kale fell asleep listening to a contemporary version of "The Old Rugged Cross".

No comments: