Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Altrec Order

EDITOR'S NOTE: UPDATED INFO AT END OF POST!
For his birthday, I ordered a pair of Sole Signature DK Response inserts for his shoes.
He has a lot of foot pain and needs something to help alleviate this pain while he is running (as well as after he runs). He wanted to give these nifty shoe inserts a try. So, I ordered them.
This is what they are supposed to look like when you recieve them. This is what my husband's looked like when he took them out of the package....
They look extra comfy, right?
Maybe not.
I have contacted the company and am curious to see how they fix the problem.
The inserts are made by Sole. The order was placed through Altrec.com

They might want to start by not shipping heat molded inserts to the South in the heat of summer in a very flexible envelope. Lately, the daytime temperature here has been over 95 degrees with a heat index of 105+, so when the mailperson folded the flexible envelope and shoved these into our black mailbox...they might as well have been thrown into the oven!

In the meantime, anyone know somebody who has a foot shaped like this???

UPDATE:

The company (altrec.com) originally wanted me to print out their pre-paid postage return label and return the inserts. Since they can't do inventory swap at thier warehouse, they said I could either wait until they receive the return and give me credit or I could go ahead and just order another pair (pay for these a second time) and then be credited when they receive my return.

It took a couple of emails, but they saw my point on customer service and integrity and were willing to go ahead and work through this with me. That is, until they realized that they no longer have any size 14 inserts in stock. To make it better, they don't know when they will receive more inventory of the inserts either.

I am going to send them back. I will get my credit. I will be purchasing another pair from another retailer and paying for shipping from them (which was free on altrec.com).

My husband will get his inserts....he will, he will!

1 comment:

Hazel Nut said...

What the heck is that?!?

I can't even remember all of the damaged items I have gotten lately, both in the mail and from the store. Every time I turn around I am opening up a new package of damaged goods.

I hope your husband gets his insoles!