Thursday, October 14, 2010

Short and Sweet, from Romania with Love

This post will be short and sweet.  I am in Romania.  Work brought me here.  I have worked with people here for 6 years and this is my first time to be in thier country.  I have even managed to see a former colleague while here (Hi Anca!) and take a look at her new scooter.  Don't worry, I didn't ride it.  I am pregnant...otherwise...well, maybe I would have. 

I will tell you one thing I have found here.  Sleep.  Ah, glorious sleep.  Although I do miss the little feet that curl themselves under my back/butt/head/whatever body part he can find while he shoves his head into his daddy's back.  Yet, for a few nights, I have had some amazing "I am growing someone" sleep.  Whew, I needed it.  I would love to give a shout out to the amazing doc who provided me with a script for Phenegran.  It is great to sleep without waking up at 2am and your brain shouting at you that you need to haul yourself out of bed and solve all the problems in the world because your brain thinks its the middle of the day.  Its also great to wake up and not be nauseous! 

Today, we go to the mountains.  As many of you are waking up on Thursday, I will be settling into my new room in Vata (prounaounced Vatza) in preparation for dinner tonight and meetings tomorrow. 

That is all for now.  I love and miss my family.  They know this, but just let me proclaim it publicly here. 

I need to go...I am in the breakfast area that they are dilligently trying to change to a fancier lunch area, despite the fact that half of the food they serve here for breakfast would only qualify as lunch or dinner fare at home.  Tomatoes and salami for breakfast anyone?

No comments: