Monday, May 31, 2010

Long weekends

The sun is setting on another holiday weekend that has somehow breezed right by us. When June 8th gets here, I will have spent a sum total of 8 days at my desk over the period of the previous 6 weeks. So, I really can't complain too much.
My first week missing in action was vacation. I then spent two days at my desk before jumping on a plane for Slovakia. After 11 days in airplanes, airports, and two differen Slovakia towns, I arrived back home not sure what day it was or even what time it was. I spent a recovery day last Monday (which ended up being a day of having a sick little boy with me) and my other recovery day last Friday, so this past week was a 3 day week followed by a four day weekend.
This next weekend, my brother is getting married. I am celebrating that fact by taking off on Friday to just...well, I don't exactly know...maybe look for another dress or maybe just take a big long deep breath and stare at the reality of my little brother growing up. Then I will charge forward into the weekend of fun and celebration and change. The following Monday, I/we (logistics aren't solid yet) will come back home....and I will continue to just be...and that will get me to the next day, June 8th. I suppose that is when the realities and normalcy of work will set in again...

No comments: