Monday, October 26, 2009

Gap Casting Call

Well, I finally did it. I entered Kale in a casting call. About twice a month, someone will ask if he does any commercials or such. I mean, I know my kid is cute, but there is this thing called motherly bias. I don't know much about kid modeling, so I will tread into the arena lightly and always know my way to the closest exit.

The way this casting call works is that its an open call to the public. You submit the entry online (the deadline has now passed) and can submit up to five pictures. The public can vote for a people's choice. The winner of this category will win a family vacation to some exotic location. To vote, you have to register...so if you want to do that, go ahead and vote for Kale! However, the casting call itself is a group of 20 kids who are picked by a group of people in charge of this event. So, for that part, the public's opinion doesn't matter. They will choose two sets of boys, on group of age 0-5 and another group of 6-10. They will also do this for the girls groups. Thus, five from each age group.

The 20 finalist win a $1000 babyGap or GapKids gift card and a trip to New York or Las Vegas to see the Lion King performance. Oh, and you will see those kids in Gap ads and store displays around the country.

Here is the link so you can see what pics I submitted...and if you want to vote, you can do that too.

http://family.go.com/gapcastingcall/entries/mychaoticfun/

No comments: