Friday, January 9, 2009

freecyle

I got a free wooden deck box this morning. SCORE! Ok, well, its been used and has a top corner that was lovingly (or not so lovingly) chewed a bit by a dog. But it was free and is in great working order. One good washing later, it will look just fine on our deck and will serve as a great hiding place for Kale's outside toys, my gardening stuff, or whatever ends up in there. Now, if my husband had only been willing to help me go pick up the free chicken house a few months ago...

Ok, so surely you want to know how I got a deck box free....maybe you have heard of it, maybe not. Its called freecycle. Here is how it works...you have something you no longer need, but don't want to go through the hassle of hauling it off or donating it. Get rid of it fast and easy with freecyle. OR, got something you are looking for...check out freecyle. You can google it to find out if there is a group in your area. I opt to get daily emails from my group. This is the first time I have been chosen to receive a freecycle gift from anyone, but I really don't respond to many of the ads anyway. I plan to use it the next time I have something to give but don't feel like lugging it to the salvation army drop site.

Ok...now, I gotta get back to ebay and email...errrr, I mean email and work...

No comments: