Sunday, November 1, 2009

Sinus Infection

Well, today the little pumpkin was sporting a constant stream of yellow junk coming out of his nose. Pleasant, I know. Sorry. After a dose of Benadryl, it just kept coming. I called the "on call" number to see if he could get a script called in. No deal. I called the after hours clinic at ACH and he got an appt for two hours later. Not bad for the Sunday after Halloween! So, a 15 minute visit later, we had a script for Amoxicillin and off we went to Walgreens. The doc said there was a 50/50 chance he had a sinus infection. He said we had equal chances of the amoxicillin helping him get better (it will work if its a sinus infection). Since Kale has had a cough for weeks and his nose runs more than not, the doc was willing to write the script. Fine by me.

So, another 10 days of Kale taking a medicine I have to be sure not to lick off my fingers or let stain my kitchen counter. Ok, really I am not too worried about that second one because we already stained it plenty with the first round of meds about 2 months ago (along with bunches of other things).


Word on the street is that reinforcement (aka, Mema) will arrive mid-week...and we are all excited about that!

No comments: