Saturday, August 23, 2008

I broke my wedding ring

Only I could do this...I broke my platinum "I waited years and years for this and love everything it represents" eternity wedding ring. Yes, really. I wouldn't joke about this.

Ep was out of town...and I had to wait until he got home to tell him. It was only 24 hours...and that nearly killed me almost as much as when I nearly died after realizing I broke my ring. That sounds funny...I broke my ring...it doesn't even sound real. So, now that I have told him, I can vent on here about it.

I won't go into all the details...I just had to tell him the whole story, which sounds absolutely ridiculous when I tell it. I was in a store buying a new printer...my ring got hung on a screw that was on the shopping cart (the screw was supposed to be holding up a part of the cart...but it was broken). I didn't even know I had broken my ring until several minutes later...after a diamond had already disapeared.

For those of you who don't know...I don't have the traditional engagement ring and wedding band. I have an eternity band...it has diamonds all the way around. I wanted something different. I didn't want a solitaire...so this eternity diamond band was a perfect ring for me. The ironic part is that I have never been one to want a solitaire that sticks up from my hand for fear that I would knock out the diamond by banging my hand on something. Who knew you could break an eternity band...

Long story short...I was able to find the missing diamond. I have all the parts of my ring...all four pieces of it...the main part of the band, the broken section of the band...and the two diamonds that fell out when it broke. I know, it was a shear act of God that I was able to locate both of those diamonds. Heck, it was a sure act of God that I didn't pass out or puke when I realized I broke my ring. My finger feels so strange without it there.

For now, we wait. Monday might bring some answers. I know this...my finger didn't break the ring and the box I was lifting didn't break the ring...the screw or cart broke the ring. Somebody owes me a wedding ring!

Ok, now, I am going to snuggle up to my loving and understanding husband...and try to convince my fourth finger on my left hand that it will be ok.

No comments: