Monday, February 8, 2010

Nope, Not Me!



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week. In the meantime, here is what has not been going on in Fletcherville!

I am a great mom. So, its Not Me who thought our child was about to start wearing size 9 shoes when really, he is just now growing into size 8.5 and is nowhere near ready for size 9.

It was Not Me who was still up last night when the winter weather mayhem began. I didn't smile and wake up happy to yet another snow day off from work. I also didn't secretly hope that my husband would stay home as well.

Thus, it really really really was Not Me who stood at the door and giggled as my husband attempted to leave for work. He backed out of the driveway and despite many attempts to go forward, he only went backwards. I did not laugh. I also did not laugh at him when he nearly fell on his face trying to walk back up the hill that his car just slid down.

It was Not Me who colossally lost it on Friday night while letting my child adjust to going to bed by himself. I did not cry just as much as him, if not more. It did not nearly break me to hear him calling Mommy! Mommy! Mommy! over and over and over again.

It is also Not Me who continues to not correct our child when he says matato instead of tomato---just because its so darn cute!

It was absolutely Not Me who ate SEVEN soft batch cookies this morning with a glass a milk and called it breakfast. It also was Not Me who took those cookies and milk back to our bedroom and snuggled under the covers with them while watching shows on the DVR.

It is Not Me who is delighted to say that if the snow keeps falling this hard that I will probably be paid to sit at home tomorrow as well. Its also Not Me who will go out later and have a snowball fight with someone and make a snow angel.

1 comment:

Jenilee said...

I let my oldest call movies "newvies" for a long time just because it was so cute! I know what you mean!