Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Greetings from Amsterdam

Well, as the majority of you sleep, I just completely skipped breakfast and moved right on to lunch! My flights thus far have been great...on my flight to Detroit, they had to change my seat so and I ended up with a coveted exit row seat and had the row to myself. Great chance for a nap but I missed it because my brain was not slowing down. ugh. I got to Detroit in time to grab some fast food and get to my gate just in time for them to start boarding. I ate a 1/4lb cheeseburger in record time. As I waited in the never ending line to board, I squeezed in one last chat with Ep. Back in Little Rock, I had asked if any bulkhead seating was available...you can't reserve these seats online and I expected them to all be gone...but oh, the surprise! I got a bulkhead seat! Yippee! I managed to sleep for about 4.5 hours of the 7 hour flight...not bad! So, I am just rested enough to make sense, but still feel pretty tired.
For the moment, I am not focusing much on who I left behind...otherwise, the tears will flow. I will allow them to flow later...but not yet. Tomorrow, I will have the chance to adjust. All I can say now is that I awoke from my nap on the plane aching pretty bad for Kale...and there come the tears...so no more about that for now.
This is going to be a long 12 days....full of exploration (on many levels) and growth. More on that later...
To my fellas and my mom....miss you all terribly. Somebody give bubba pants a hug and kiss for me. Sorry I don't have time to send an individual email....I only bought 15 minutes...and only have 3 minutes left.....

I will do my best to call when I get there...only two more stops to go....

No comments: