Tuesday, October 14, 2008

On the road again....

On the road again....we are headed to a site visit this morning, then to some tourist attraction, and then onward south to our destination for the next two days. I got to sleep in this morning, which was nice until the church bell tower started "gong-ing" at 6:30am. I did managed to drift back off to sleep. I needed the sleep after the stress that was coming yesterday from my work back home. Apparently, the whole office is in some kind of financial panic and they are trying to cut a budget that had already been cut once...

We went out to eat last night...and a local plum vodka was served. To be polite and to get a certain person at the table off my back (who happens to be the boss of my boss), I finally drank some of it. Holy cow! To have not had any alcohol in almost 2 years and then take a shot of 104 proof (52% alcohol) was quite a jolt. After that, we walked back to our hotel....about 1/2 mile at least....and uphill....it might have been 45 degrees, but I was sweating!

I enjoyed a quick chat with both my mom and Ep....and got some noised from my favorite person ever...Kale. Mom told him to talk to me, and he just looked at the back door. I can't WAIT to see him. I broke down and asked my mom to park in short term when she comes to get me at the airport...that way she can bring Kale inside. Note to mom...not the short term where we parked when you dropped me off...short term surface parking....you take a left before you get to the area where you dropped me off.

Ok, gotta go...I have three floors to descend with my luggage. oh the fun!

love and hugs to all....and WHERE are those emails? I am pretty sure my father in law must have fallen off the face of the earth....

No comments: