Thursday, January 28, 2010

August 7, 2010

August 7, 2010 is the expected due date for my brother to become a father. I am so excited for him and so excited that it is finally public knowledge.

Back in mid-December, my brother called me late one night to talk. I knew it had to be serious...and it was. I had to make him repeat it when he told me he was going to be a dad. Then a nearly two hour conversation followed. There was lots of emotions, thoughts, fears, and excitement shared between the two of us. Then the big question: how to tell our parents. Because he isn't married, we both worried that they might not initially take the news with a joyful response. We both knew that joy would eventually prevail. For six weeks, he kept it a secret from them. We decided he should probably wait until after the first doctor appointment before telling them.

The first doctor visit was on this past Tuesday. His girlfriend is 12.5 weeks pregnant. His first chance to tell my mom was last night, after she arrived home from spending time at our house. She said that she was scared becuase she thought he was going to tell her that he had some horrible disease or medical condition or had lost his job. So, she was somewhat relieved that it was just "I am going to be a dad." When I talked to her last night, she sounded very happy.

Then, they found out that my dad was going to be passing through that evening. He drives a truck so his schedule is a little wacky. They decided to meet him for a late dinner and spring the news. Happy birthday to him! Yes, on my dads 66th birthday, he found out that he is going to be a grandpa again. His response: laughing and happy.

I can't tell you the joy that is flowing through our family right now. We are excited for Chris and for the absolute madness that his headed his way in the form of his child.

CONGRATULATIONS CHRIS AND AMY!!!! We can't wait for August 2010!!!!

No comments: