Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Things that make you go hmmmm...

Yesterday was full of interesting information and moments.

I started out my day by receiving good news from a friend (who asked me to not yet disclose this news to the world...sorry!).

Then I found out that I won $40 worth of free stuff from writeaway.com via being a friend of jasmere.com on facebook. That was extremely cool, especially since the person (my former college roommate) who referred me was the winner on Monday.

And THEN my phone started blowing up with texts from my dear friend David, who was checking in on me and also letting me know that he is applying for a job here in Little Rock. For those of you who don't know, David was my best friend in high school and our friendship has survived many dramatic moments in life, including him moving off to the bush of Tanzania, Africa for 2.5 years. He is still one of my very best friends and is still like a brother to me, so having him here in Little Rock would be great. Oh, did I mention that he is applying for work at the same place where I work? Yeah, super awesome!

I was worn out by lunch. However, the rest of my day included a very interesting conversation with my husband, dinner at Larry's Pizza (Kale: airy deeta) with my crew plus Mema, and then a conversation with my neighbor about our dog staying in their pen which is about 1/8 the size of our fenced yard--because he will stay in their pen but not in our fenced yard with an electrified (cattle grade) fence. We are trying to find the dog a new home...somewhere he can roam or with someone who will walk/play/love on him daily. He needs to be with a family where he is the "only child"....and we can't give that to him right now.

No comments: